Insta Recipe: Macaroni Salad January 7, 2013
I love KFC’s Macaroni Salad! I like the smooth texture and taste of it. Thanks to my Twitter followers for sending me links of “KFC Macaroni Salad” recipes!
I made this dish for New Year and I have to say, it tasted really good! Not exactly like KFC’s but very good! I put my own twist to it. I used leftover honey-glazed ham from Christmas (thanks Ms. Coney Reyes for the suggestion!) instead of chicken meat and I added heavy cream.
I posted a photo of my homemade Macaroni Salad on Instagram. To those who were asking for the recipe, here you go:
(Photo taken using Instagram)
1 pack of macaroni salad (KFC uses elbow macaroni)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Real Mayonnaise brand)
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used the boxed Nestlé Cream)
1/4 cup finely chopped honey ham
1 whole, finely chopped fresh carrots (no need to boil, raw rocks!)
1/2 cup grated quick-melt cheese
1 tbsp pickle relish
1 tbsp finely chopped pineapple (I used the canned pineapple)
1 tbsp sugar
• Cook the macaroni salad pasta according to package directions. To keep within KFC’s style, I suggest you slightly overcook the pasta for softer texture.
• In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing. DO NOT mix yet the pasta in it.
• Using an electric beater, mix the dressing until they are a bit frothy. It takes about 1-2 minutes. Make sure that the mayonnaise and cream are chilled. If you don’t have an electric beater, you can use a wire whisk.
• Add the pasta to the dressing and mix. Don’t over stir.
• Chill the macaroni salad for a couple of hours.
• Serve with a smile!
Tip: I believe that the secret to KFC’s Macaroni Salad is the texture. It’s smooth and melts in your mouth. Be sure to finely chop all the ingredients and slightly overcook the pasta to make it soft.
Let me know how it turns out!
Shoppingero/shoppingera, what’s your favorite salad?