I know the title sounds pretentious but continue reading on to find out how I’m living the luxurious life.
First of all, my definition of luxury is freedom of time and space. If luxury for you is about jet-setting to different parts of the world at a drop of a hat or constantly shopping for unnecessary things or eating out regularly in expensive restaurants then this particular blog post isn’t for you. Bye! LOL
Luxury for me is about quality time and having the space to enjoy different activities. Let me share with you my real-life experiences on living a life of luxury:
• I can’t think of anything more luxurious than playing boardgames with my family.
• Having afternoon tea in the patio with my husband.
• Wearing my best tunics and caftans at home (tattered or old tees and loose shorts make me look and feel like a bum, haha! Joke!)
• Biking or riding the kick-scooter in the park with my children.
• Reading a book or magazine in the wee hours of the morning (I’m usually up before sunrise)
• Creating gourmet-style, home-cooked meals
• Eating on fine bone china and drinking juice or wine in my best crystals everyday! I don’t need an occasion to bust out my best tableware.
• Listening to music instead of gossiping (luxury is all about having time and listening to “chismis” or gossiping about other people for me is a waste of time and energy). I believe that true luxury does not co-exist with chaos and drama.
• Sleeping on clean and beautiful beddings
• Surrounding myself with beauty and order. As much as possible, my helpers and my family and I clean and organize our space everyday. My rule: Maison Epperson should always be 10 minutes away from being guest-ready
• Dining al freso at home
• Table for one (I love reserving a table in a resto and eating by myself)
• Watching Classic DVD movies
• Lunch or dinner with friends
• Guilt-free vacations by myself and having a room all to myself
• Having the time and money to help those in need and keeping it as a secret. I love secrets!
• Pampering my skin with the best beauty and skin products at home.
• Having fresh fruits and flowers at home. They are nature’s Chanel and Tom Ford.
• Studying and learning new things
• Booking a spa appointment or home service massage since it costs nothing compared to prices abroad.
• Popping a bottle of bubbly for no reason
• Decorating using what we have at home and rearranging the furniture to refresh the look of our space.
• Making a living doing what I love
• Working with positive and creative people
• Blogging and having the time to write this post
Luxury is for anyone to define. It may even have nothing to do with expensive bags and shoes or exclusive escapes but however you define it, allow more of it in your life. The reason should always come from a place of celebration and being in the moment. You deserve it. We all do.
I love my life!
Shoppingero/shoppingera, how does your life of luxury look?
All photos are from my Instagram account where some of my best moments in life are documented and shared.